Sunday, March 22, 2015

Love a Mug Rug!

My sister has recently retired and moved to Delaware to a beautiful new home.  I do miss her since we have always lived close to each other but she keeps telling me that she is only two hours away!  I will be making a pilgrimage next month when we will officially present her with a housewarming gift.  She visited this weekend so I wanted to give her a little something to use while she was reading or watching TV in front of the warm glow of her fireplace.  She loves a nice cuppa tea so what better gift to make than a mug rug!  Or two, or three, or four! 

Making the mug rugs was the easy part - getting the colors right, not so much!  It couldn't be just any blue, it had to be HER blue!  So, I was a bit nervous when I handed her the package.  I think I did ok!  I think.....  She did order two more!  That's a good sign! 

Here are the mug rugs that were stitched with love for her:

The photo on the left shows the front of the mug rugs.  I made two in shades of blue for her living area and two for her bedroom which is black and light tan. 

The mug in the picture was a gift from my sister so I thought it was appropriate to use it in the picture! 

The photo on the right shows the back of the mug rugs.  They all have a bit of quilting which shows better on the back side.   

These are so much fun to make and I certainly enjoyed making them for my sister!  Now, on to fill her order for two more! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Looking forward to your comments!