Tuesday, March 17, 2015

2015 Pat Sloan BOM - Update 1

The BOM seems to be working for me.  I thought when I started it that I would do one block and then get working on other things which would push the BOM blocks further down the priority list until I finally got so far behind that it would fall off the list.  I would end up with a pillow or two, but not the objective I originally had in mind. 

Good news - I am keeping up with the blocks!  Even with all the other irons I have in the fire, I manage to keep up with the monthly block and plan a time to complete it.  All of the blocks will use the same palette of fabrics so that cuts out some time.  The particular colors for each piece are indicated on the pattern for the block so that decreases the decision making time.  So, I have been able to complete each block in a few hours at the most.  Here are the next two blocks that have been completed:


This is the second block and is called "Toes in the Sand".
There was a choice of making the chevron pieces using either half-square triangles or flying geese.  I like using the flying geese since is creates less seams. 


This is the third block and is called "Surf's Up"
This one came together quickly without a hitch!  Now, just waiting for April's block to be published! 

This is a picture of the three bocks together.


I am waiting to see if more of the "red" color in the first block is used in future blocks.  If not, I am considering remaking the first block since I am not too sure about how the blocks are looking together.  Well, it is a mystery after all!  And so, the mystery continues.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Looking forward to your comments!