Monday, July 4, 2011

Day 4 of my quest to quilt - An oldie but a goodie!

I was out most of today letterboxing with the Hubs in the Sourland Mountain Preserve. If you could imagine heaven on earth, it's this place. We found the 3 boxes there and headed home after 6 hours of hiking for approximately 5-6 miles. Needless to say, we were a tad tired. But while the Hubs was getting our BBQ dinner going, I explored my craft closet for a particular project which has been living there for quite a while now. Actually, the top was made during a class given at the Quilter's Barn. They haven't been open for several years now so this will give you an idea of this project's "vintage". I found it!

It is a Christmas wall hanging made with 4 blocks (sampler style) and borders. So why is this project a UFO? Well, I wanted to hand quilt it. I'm not comfortable with hand quilting. But, the borders are done and one block is 50% done. Since it is a Christmas project, I would think about it every year and put it back thinking to myself "I need to get this done for next year". Never happens - until now! Maybe it will help me feel more comfortable with hand quilting. I'm working on a small hand pieced double wedding ring table runner that I hope to hand quilt as well. Practice makes perfect, right? The wall hanging quilting won't be perfect, but it will be done! Pictures will be posted soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Looking forward to your comments!