Sunday, July 3, 2011

Day 3 of my quest to quilt - Big and small, I'll finish them all!

I did a lot of fonding of fabric today!  With the heat we had today, handling "snowflake" fabric cooled me off a bit, believe it or not.  I have three small bins of Christmas and winter themed fabrics.  One is specifically for the lasagna laptop quilt I started a few holiday seasons ago.  I had forgotten how much I had completed on this project.  In addition, the bin revealed that I had also cut the remaining strips needed to complete the top.  Some of these strips have even been sewn into strip sets.  This will definitely go on my "first to do" list.

The second bin contains PIGS (projects in grocery sacks) or kits which contain all the fabrics and patterns needed to complete them.  Most of them are small wall hangings; one is an Advent Calendar panel.  I'll take these on one at a time.  At least I think I made good choices when I selected these - I still like them! 

The last bin contains a variety of holiday fabrics.  Most are fat quarters or half yard cuts.  These would make wonderful place mats!

The bin also contained a stack of 5 inch squares in red, green and white patterns.  I had made a ton of these into coasters several years back.  They made wonderful gifts - but I never made a set for myself.  I will make good use of these squares! 
The picture below shows the cut 5" squares next to a sample coaster which they will become. 


Now I can actually do some sewing!  Stay tuned!

1 comment:

  1. I remember when you were making the coasters! A great way to use leftover fabric and make nice gifts. I must keep these in mind.

    ReplyDelete

Looking forward to your comments!