Saturday, January 7, 2017

APQ 2016 November UFO

Eleven down, one to go! This is my November UFO challenge project. It was started in February 2000 as a class project.  This is probably one of my more "vintage" unfinished objects!  I had only been quilting for a short time then. I think I have improved quite a bit since then. I like having a reminder! This was made with Civil War fabrics for my DH. He thinks it's perfect! I truly love that man!

I think it was just the luck of the draw that the two UFOs left for 2016 were the ones that required the most time and labor during the months that have the most events and/or holidays!  In addition to trying to complete this challenge, I had a two week vacation, a birthday, an anniversary, Thanksgiving, Christmas and all the activities associated with them!  But I think working on these projects grounded me during that very hectic time.  


   
   



Lots of HSTs to cut and sew!  I don't make them this way anymore thanks to all the tutorials on the MSQC website.  I did do  a lot of chain piecing though! 

The top is completed and the backing is cut to size.  When the weather warms up, I will spray baste the sandwich in our garage so I have good ventilation and then machine quilt this puppy. 

This will make a nice couch quilt in our New Jersey dwelling! 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Looking forward to your comments!