Tuesday, February 2, 2016

APQ 2016 February UFO

UFO score:  1 down, 11 to go!

The February number was chosen on the 1st and the magic number is 5!  A good choice for me!  

This UFO is a Christmas Lasagna quilt. The pattern is from the "Spring Cleaning" quilt book by Atkinson Designs.  This quilt pattern is described as "An appealing quilt, even when the bed isn't made".  This one is right up my alley!  

If memory serves me correctly, this was a class project.  I started it in the class and didn't finish it at home after the class ended.  Not the only class project I have lurking in my UFO pile!  I have a sneaking suspicion it was not started in this century!  Yikes!  

Here is the project as it stands on February 1st.  The top has made a good start.  Many, if not all, of the strips have already been cut as shown in the picture.  The backing is shown there as well.  I originally thought no borders would be added, but that is not yet carved in stone.  

My plan is to spray baste this one and machine quilt it on my Bernina - with my walking foot from the start this time!  Stay tuned!   


No comments:

Post a Comment

Looking forward to your comments!