Monday, April 22, 2013

Scrap Basket Sunday - Almost


Well, I was so excited about setting up a corner in the cabin for some small scale quilting!  I found the perfect spot in our walk out family room with a great view.  I purchased a small (4 ft) folding table that is also height adjustable.  I figure I can also use it as a computer center when not otherwise engaged.  We have internet there so we always bring a laptop and can use a small travel printer which is easy to store.  The table also has access to several electric outlets since both activities have multiple power cords.  Of course, the only QI in residence is our Kirby dog but unless the fabric is located in a sunbeam, he is normally not interested in my sewing.  But I do have that fabulous view! 

So here is what my new sewing corner in the cabin looks like.  Appears I have unexpected QIs afterall! 

 
So there I was, all set up to sew!  The Hubs was out on the lake looking for the record trout.  I got all of my supplies arranged, my new portable ironing board set up in the laundry room behind me, and assembled my sewing machine.  Then I noticed that I had forgotten the one mission-critical supply - thread!  It was the "duh" heard round the globe!  I love being really remote and far away from everywhere but the other side of that coin is that you can't just hop in the car and run to the nearest Joann's! 
 
I did manage to get three more blocks done this weekend, however, since we were back in NJ.  So now I have 4 out of 20 blocks done.  The one challenge I am facing is that I am not planning my fabric choices too much.  It's basically a grab-from-the-bag method.  Boy, is that hard for me.  So far, it's working ok, but we'll see how far I get with this!  Here are my 4 completed blocks so far - 20% done!
 
 
They have to be squared up and there will be sashing in between, color yet to be determined.  But I like this way of getting something done.  Generally I am a start-to-finish kinda gal, but I could get used to this!  We will be back at the cabin in early May - thread is already packed! 
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Cute deer! I hope they don't eat up your shrubs though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One of the advantages to our cabin location is that there is no landscaping other than what Mother Nature provides. There are no shrubs for the deer to eat or grass to mow! Natural all the way!

      Delete

Looking forward to your comments!