Saturday, January 21, 2012

Timesaver Tablerunner

This tablerunner was so easy to make but I forgot to mention it! 
We have friends that purchased a shore house recently and we were invited to spend a weekend there in late July.  I wanted to make a special house warming gift for them and thought of a tablerunner.  As it turns out, we keep our boat at a marina about 10 miles from their shore home.  And, our marina is about 3 miles from a wonderful quilt shop, Quilting Possibilities.  After a day of boating, I was able to visit the shop to look for the perfect fabric for the table runner since they have a great selection of shore related fabrics.  It didn't take long to find what I wanted!  And it was blue and white, their favorite colors!  The pattern uses striped fabric to create the center motif in these tablerunners.  I loved how this one turned out so much, I purchased other striped fabrics, mostly holiday patterns, so I could make more. 
This shows the backing fabric
Completed top on my display board

No comments:

Post a Comment

Looking forward to your comments!